ADDENDUM to CANADIAN TEAM SELECTION POLICY for the 2018 WORLD INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIP - COMPOUND DIVISION
Yankton, South Dakota, USA February 14-19, 2018
This document is an Addendum to Archery Canada's 2017 Canadian Archery Team Selection Policy for individual and team events. The purpose of this Addendum is to define the specific process and criteria used by Archery Canada (AC) to select the compound archery athletes that AC will send to compete at the 2018 World Indoor Championship, to be held in Yankton, South Dakota, USA from February 14-19, 2018.
Only three men and three women in the compound division will be sent to the 2018 World Indoor Championship.
This is a self-funded event. AC will endeavour to fund a team leader to this event to support the team.
2) DECISION AUTHORITY
Under the guidance of Archery Canada's High Performance Committee (HPC), the Selection Approval Panel is the sole decision-making authority for the approval of nominations of athletes.
3) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for the 2018 WORLD INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIP COMPOUND DIVISION
To be eligible for selection to compete at this Championship, compound archery athletes must meet the eligibility criteria outlined below:
a) Shoot a compound bow.
b) Be a Canadian citizen and have a Canadian passport.
c) Have a valid Canadian passport that does not expire on or before September 1st 2018.
d) The athlete must have achieved the Archery Canada Compound Indoor qualifying scores as outlined below in clause 4) B).
e) The athlete must have demonstrated in 2017 and in 2018 that he/she is capable of shooting the minimum qualifying score in tournaments leading up to the 2018 World Indoor Championship.
4) TEAM SELECTION PROCEDURES
A) PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVE
The objective of the team selection process is: Select athletes with a reasonable probability of finishing in the top quarter of the men's and women's competition.
The following specific criteria will be used for the selection of compound archery athletes to compete at the 2018 World Indoor Championship:
1. Archers must participate in the 2017 AC Canadian Regional Indoor Championship.
2. Archers must shoot and submit scores for two (2) registered (AC / World Archery or other World Archery member national associations (e.g. USA Archery) 18M indoor rounds between February 5th 2017 and December 15th 2017 to obtain a ranking score.
3. Ranking scores must have been shot in the Compound division in the Cadet, Junior, or Senior age categories.
4. It is the archer’s sole responsibility to submit qualifying scores to the Compound & Field Archery Coordinator in a timely manner. Submit scores to Sean McKenty. A list of archers with submitted qualifying scores will be posted on the AC website as they are received.
Ranking scores will be determined as follows:
The top three (3) archers and one (1) alternate with the highest average score equal to or above the minimum ranking scores that have participated in the 2017 AC Canadian Regional Indoor Championship will make up the team.
The minimum ranking scores for selection are as follows:
Men's Compound: score of 587
Women's Compound: score of 573
Junior Boy’s Compound: score of 580
Junior Girl’s Compound: score of 565
The compound archery athletes meeting the above criteria, will be approved and notified by the AC Selection Approval Panel no later than December 21st 2017.
It will be the archers sole responsibility to submit qualifying scores to the Compound Coordinator in a timely manner, a list of archers with submitted qualifying scores will be posted on the AC website as they are recieved
Any eligible compound archery athlete wishing to appeal their omission from the National Team that will compete at the 2018 World Indoor Championship, must follow the Archery Canada Appeal Policy.
Contact: Sean Mckenty email@example.com