AC Tournament Registration Procedure:
Information on tournament registrtion deadlines and costs is outlined here
Scoring Database Instructions
All requests for Tournaments must be requested using the Archery Canada Registrant/Scoring/Ranking Database, which requires an authorized log on (club level privilege or above), Competitions Dropdown to New Competition, fill in the request as per the following directions:
Log onto the system with logon and password. Under the Competition Dropdown to New Competition, you will be presented with this menu: (click for larger view)
Competition Code - this will be filled in by the software automatically
From (yyyy-mm-dd) - First date of the competition
To (yyyy-mm-dd) - Last day of the competition
- for 1 day shoots, both dates should be the same
Organizer - use the drop down to find the host club or province
Place - the city and province of the tournament
Name - the name of the tournament (for Example: Peterborough 720)
- Local competition - choose if this is to be just a local shoot
- Club event - another choice if this is to be just a local club shoot - Both of these are interchangeable
- Provincial Championship - only to be used for these championships
- National Champoinship - only to be used for these championships
- International Competition - only to be used for these championships
- Registered for World Records (Reg WA/AC) - use for tournaments that will be registered for World Records (they will be automatically registered for Canadian Records)
- Registered for Canadian Records (Reg AC) - use for tournaments that will be registered for Canadian Records
- Provincial Championship Registered for World Records (Reg WA/AC) - use for provincial tournaments that will be registered for World Records (they will be automatically registered for Canadian Records)
- Provincial Championship Registered for Canadian Records (Reg AC) - use for provincial tournaments that will be registered for Canadian Records
Type - Choose from the dropdown for the type of tournament - if you want to register a tournament not listed, use the 'Notes' field.
Finals - check this box if the tournament will have finals (elimination round(s))
Remarks - Drop down to specific comments - that will be shown on your tournament's information
Notes - more information can be added here such as timings and the specific contact information if it is different than that of the club. If an address is available, it should be added here. The AC Calendar shows a location, so the more information here the better!
Invitation Package Upload (PDF) - You can upload a poster or invitation package to the system for users to download if reqired. Click on 'Choose File' and navigate to the file and select it.
- Click Save - Important: You will then see a very similar screen presented, this is the draft of the information that will be transmitted to Archery Canada for approval, be sure to check the 'Requested' check box at the top - also the tournament identification number is the number that the tournament will be filed as.
Remember that a there is no such thing as a 'Double 720', so if you are registereing 2 720s shot on the same day (AM/PM), you will need to request 2 tournaments (the cost is the same as for 1 tournament).
The form will automatically be forwarded to Archery Canada, where you will be contacted for payment options and information, when all payment and information has been received, you will receive a confirmaiton email from the system and your shoot will be listed on both the Registrant/Scoring/Ranking Database and the Archery Canada Calendar.