Allan Wills, President Robert Tataryn, V-P, Administration & Marketing
Charlene Parlee, V-P, Committees & Projects Jude Hooey, V-P, 3D Program
Ed Wilson, V-P, High Performance Ken Bullock, V-P, Events & Services
Marthe Cusson, FTAQ Alain Gravel, FTAQ
Diane Gravel, FTAQ Claude Rousseau, FTAQ
Peter Garrett, OAA Claude Langlois, AANB
Alfie O’Quinn, AANS Bill Currie, AANS
GlennGudgeon, FTAQ Mark Sole, OAA
Molly Sole, OAA Rae Savage, OAA
M. Lynne Durward, BCAA Deborah Kupchanko, SAA
Christiane Murphy, FTAQ Bob McIntyre, AANB
Ralph Luedtke, ABAA Trina Snooks, AANB
Trudy Dryden, AANB Bob Dryden, AANB
Patti Middlebrough, ABAA Bruce Savage, OAA
Kateri Vrakking, OAA Phil Henderson, OAA
Karen Van Nest, OAA Philip Parlee, AANB
Mike Kupchanko, SAA Roger Garrod, ABAM
Vickilynne Schleppe, ABAA Ghislain Arsenault, FTAQ
Ken Cameron, BCAA Trevor Furlotte, AANB
- Welcome by the President, A. Wills to the members who are the provinces at 4:30pm/16:30hrs. A roll call of the provinces was done.
- A. Wills stated that the normal procedure is for the Board meeting to precede the AGM. However, scheduling the meetings around the National Championships has required some flexibility and changes to the order of the meetings. The Board meeting will begin shortly after the completion of the AGM.
- A. Wills stated that no notice of motion was received 60 days in advance of the AGM and consequently no business would be discussed at the meeting. Therefore, he stated that the 2010 AGM would be an information meeting only.
- A. Wills led a Moment of Silence in memory of those FCA members who passed away this past year.
- Reading of the minutes of the previous FCA Annual General Meeting in Laval, Quebec, August 8th 2009
- A. Wills called for a motion to accept the minutes of the 2009 AGM held at Laval, QC on August 8th.
- A request was made to defer the motion until agenda item 7, in order to allow attendees full opportunity to review the 2009 minutes. The President called for a motion.
MOTION #AGM2010-01: That the motion to approve minutes from the 2009 AGM be deferred to item 7 of the agenda, in order to allow attendees full opportunity to review the 2009 minutes.
Moved by: AANB - T. Furlotte Seconded by: OAA - P. Garrett Carried
- Report of the President / Vice-President International – Allan Wills
– A. Wills provided a brief verbal summary of his report contained in the 2010 FCA Annual Report.
- Reports of the Vice Presidents
Vice-President, Administration & Marketing – Robert Tataryn
– R. Tataryn provided a brief verbal summary of his report contained in the 2010 FCA Annual Report.
- A. Wills added that the FCA will be using the ‘re-branding’ name of Archery Canada/Tir l’Arc. More on this will be provided during the Board meeting to follow.
- R. McIntyre of AANB asked if any marketing efforts to increase FCA exposure have occurred or
are planned. R. Tataryn reported that this was an identified need a few years ago. He reported that he has not yet had the time to devote to this major undertaking. As well, he reported that the FCA currently has no funds that could be allocated to any marketing initiative of significant impact. What funds we do have are allocated this fiscal year to upgrading the website and a design of a new logo (for the ‘re-branding’ name of Archery Canada/Tir l’Arc).
Vice-President, High Performance – Ed Wilson
- E. Wilson provided a brief verbal summary of his report contained in the 2010 FCA Annual Report.
- The focus this coming fall will be to put selection criteria in place for 2011 National Team events and the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics. The High Performance Committee will focus on this over the next 2-4 months and make every attempt to make athletes and their coaches aware of the criteria for National Team selection and ranking.
Vice-President, 3D Program – Jude Hooey
- J. Hooey provided a brief verbal summary of his report contained in the 2010 FCA Annual Report.
- J. Hooey stated that typically the 3D Committee meeting precedes the Board and therefore the Committee comes forward with recommendations to the Board. Given the scheduling of the meetings, recommendations from the 3D Committee will go forward to the Executive Committee for consideration at a subsequent Executive Committee meeting and then will be brought forward to the Board.
- J. Hooey reported that the Indoor 3D Championship rotation schedule is now in place. The intent is to have the Championship rotate throughout all parts of the country.
- T. Furlotte of AANB asked how National Team members will be selected for the 2011 3D World Championship. J. Hooey reported that this is an item for discussion at the upcoming 3D Committee meeting. She reported that results from registered 3D tournaments will be considered for selection and if necessary, National Team selection trials could be held in Saskatchewan next year.
Vice-President, Events & Services – Ken Bullock
- A. Wills first thanked K. Bullock en for stepping in to fill the position earlier this calendar year.
- K. Bullock provided a brief verbal summary of his report contained in the 2010 FCA Annual Report.
- K. Bullock reported that both Trina Snooks and Jacqui Jenskey have stepped down as the Mail Match Coordinator and MICA Coordinator respectively. K. Bullock asked that if anyone might be interested in either of these Coordinator positions, to please contact him.
Vice-President, Projects & Committees – Charlene Parlee
- On behalf of C. Parlee, A. Wills provided a brief verbal summary of her report contained in the 2010 FCA Annual Report.
- A. Wills noted that C. Parlee has done an excellent job in coordinating the FCA Annual Awards nomination and selection process. He thanked her for undertaking this task.
- Reports of the Provincial FCA Directors
Athlete’s Representative – Hugh MacDonald
- A. Wills stated that H. MacDonald was not present for the AGM. A. Wills stated he had nothing to add to the report. No questions were raised.
FCA Executive Director – Scott Ogilvie
- S. Ogilvie provided a brief verbal summary of his report contained in the 2010 FCA Annual Report.
- Provincial FCA Directors provided a brief verbal summary of their reports contained in the 2010 FCA Annual Report.
Alberta - Vickilynne Schleppe. Nothing more to report beyond that in the 2010 FCA Annual Report.
British Columbia – Ken Cameron. Nothing more to report beyond that in the 2010 FCA Annual Report.
Manitoba – Roger Garrod. Nothing more to report beyond that in the 2010 FCA Annual Report.
Newfoundland/Labrador – No representative present and no report submitted.
New Brunswick - Trevor Furlotte. T. Furlotte reported that AANB is still very committed to LTAD. T. Snooks continues to volunteer much time and effort in this area.
Nova Scotia – William Currie. W. Currie reported on behalf of Lindsey Poehl. W. Currie reported that the Sport Leader for 2011 Canada Winter Games to be hosted by Halifax/Dartmouth had stepped down. Recruitment of a replacement is now underway. W. Currie reported that membership numbers have increased this year.
Ontario - Peter Garrett. Nothing more to report beyond that in the 2010 FCA Annual Report. A. Wills asked P. Garrett if those volunteers recognized in the OAA report should be verbally recognized at the AGM. P. Garrett stated that recognition of the OAA volunteers within the OAA report would suffice.
Québec – Glen Gudgeon. G. Gudgeon reported that membership numbers have decreased. Some clubs have ceased to operate because they have too few members. School members have decreased. Archery shooting areas are decreasing in some municipalities because municipalities need for fields for other sport use, e.g., soccer.
Saskatchewan – Mike Kupchanko – M. Kupchanko provided a brief verbal report. A written report will follow for inclusion in the AGM minutes.
- Reports of Committee Chairpersons and Coordinators
- Those Committee Chairpersons and Coordinators present at the AGM also had an opportunity to provide a brief verbal summary of their reports contained in the 2010 FCA Annual Report.
Judges Committee - Ghislain Arsenault. A. Wills recognized G. Arsenault for being awarded FITA’s Judge Emeritus. A. Wills also stated that Canadian archery judges are highly regarded worldwide in the archery community.
Coaching Certification Committee - Bruce Savage. B. Savage provided a brief verbal report in addition to his written report contained in the 2010 Annual Report.
Rules Committee - Roger Garrod. R. Garrod had nothing to add to his asked that if anyone has rule changes they would like the Rules Committee to consider, to submit them to him directly and through the FCA national office. R. Garrod assured all those present at the AGM that all suggested rule changes received from FCA members are reviewed and considered by the Rules Committee.
- A. Wills announced and presented Presidential citations to Roger Garrod, Christiane Murphy and Céline Gravel. R. Garrod and C. Murphy were on-hand to receive their citations. A round of applause was provided by all in recognition and thanks for the time and effort these 3 volunteers gave to the development of the 2010 rulebook.
Canadian Archery Foundation - Ghislain Arsenault. G. Arsenault outlined the next steps for Foundation. G. Arsenault stated that the Foundation is our way of supporting archery with “non-targeted funds”. Tax receipts are currently being offered for donations received. Foundation funds are currently held in an account separate from FCA’s operating funds.
Senior Program Coordinator - Joan McDonald. J. McDonald was not present to report. Her report is contained in the 2010 Annual Report. A. Wills recognized Joan’s efforts and contribution over the past year.
Para-archery Program Coordinator - Susan Lemke. S. Lemke was not present to report. Her report is contained in the 2010 Annual Report.
Youth Program Coordinator - Jeff Gunter. J. Gunter was not present to report. His report is contained in the 2010 Annual Report. G. Arsenault asked if consideration could be given to addressing recruitment and training of youth judges. E. Wilson, Chair of the High Performance Committee, stated that he would make the J. Gunter aware of this suggestion.
Doping Education and Control - Nancy Littke. N. Littke was not present to report. Her report is contained in the 2010 Annual Report. A. Wills briefly reported on behalf of N. Littke. He reported that the FCA website has been updated with information about doping education and control. This now provides athletes and coaches with an increased opportunity to self-educate. Athletes and coaches should feel free to contact N. Littke by email (see the FCA website for her email address).
LTAD Coordinator - Trina Snooks. T. Snooks had nothing to add to her report contained in the 2010 Annual Report. A. Wills stated that the LTAD is critical and that provinces must subscribe to it. It’s the reality of sport in Canada today.
MICA Coordinator - Jacqui Jenskey. J. Jenskey was not present to report. Her report is contained in the 2010 Annual Report.
Canadian Records Coordinator - Christiane Murphy. C. Murphy stated that the change in rules implies changes in records. She added that the quality of archery is obviously improving given the increase in the number of records being set by Canadian archers.
Canada Winter Games Technical Advisor - Philip Parlee. P. Parlee stated that if there are any questions of a technical nature regarding the Games, feel free to contact him. A question was asked about why the number of archers per province has decreased. P. Parlee briefly addressed this question. A. Wills spoke to the importance of the Canada Games and politics of staying in the Games let alone trying to get back into the Canada Summer Games.
FITA Pin Coordinator - Sean Wyatt. S. Wyatt was not present to report. His report is contained in the 2010 Annual Report. A. Wills reported that FCA will now begin to offer indoor FITA pins, including junior, cadet and master. More information on this will be provided in the coming months.
MOTION #AGM2010-02: That the reports be approved as submitted and/or presented.
Moved by: AANB - K. Cameron Seconded by: ABAA – V. Schleppe Carried
- Auditor’s Report
MOTION #AGM2010-03: That the 2009-2010 auditor’s report be approved as submitted and contained in the 2010 FCA Annual Report.
Moved by: AANS – W. Currie Seconded by: ABAM – R. Garrod Carried
- Business Arising Out of the 2009 AGM Minutes
- There was no business arising from the 2009 AGM minutes.
MOTION #AGM2010-04: That the minutes from the 2009 FCA AGM be approved as printed.
Moved by: AANB - T. Furlotte Seconded by: ABAA - V. Schleppe Carried
- Notices of Motion
- No notice of motions was received 60 days in advance of the AGM and consequently no business was discussed at the 2010 AGM.
- Information Items
- FCA Achievement Awards 2009 – Recognition at Awards Banquet on Tuesday evening
- FCA Volunteer Recognition Pins
- Items for Ad Hoc Committee Study
- There were no items presented to the Board or the AGM for ad hoc committee study, so no break in the proceedings for ad hoc committee study, recess and reports was required.
- Election of Directors-at-Large
- A. Wills reported that the following 3 directors-at-large positions were up for election:
Vice-President, Administration & Marketing (2 year term)
Vice-President, Committees & Projects (2 year term)
Vice-President, High Performance (2 year term)
- A. Wills reported that the 3 Executive Committee members currently occupying these positions have indicated that they will let their name stand again as directors-at-large.
- A. Wills called for nominations from the floor. No nominations came from the floor. Therefore, the three nominees Robert (Bob) Tataryn, Charlene Parlee and Ed Wilson were acclaimed as directors-at-large. Consequently, there were no ballots to destroy.
- During the Board meeting it was pointed out that the AGM had not recessed to assign the three acclaimed directors-at-large to their officer or Vice-President positions. Consequently, in the absence of a recess to elect the officers to sit on the Executive Committee, the President called for the following motion to be included in the AGM minutes:
MOTION #AGM2010-05: That the three acclaimed directors-at-large be assigned as follows to the Vice-President positions on the Executive Committee that each had occupied on the Executive Committee prior to the AGM:
Vice-President, Administration & Marketing - Robert (Bob) Tataryn
Vice-President, Committees & Projects - Charlene Parlee
Vice-President, High Performance - Ed Wilson
Moved by: V. Schleppe - ABAA Seconded by: OAA – P. Garrett Carried
- Appointment of Auditors
MOTION #AGM2010-06: That the chartered accountants firm, Parker Prins Lebano be appointed auditors for the fiscal year ending March 31st 2011.
Moved by: R. Tataryn Seconded by: AANS - C. Langlois Carried
- Information Regarding Sites for the:
i) 2011 Indoor/Outdoor National Championships
- The 2011 Championships will be hosted by SAA. Phil Henderson reported that the 3D Championships will be hosted by the Wascana Archers of Regina. P. Henderson reported that the Target and Field Championships will be held over a six-day period in Delisle, SK. No dates have been set yet but the dates will likely be late July or early August. SAA hopes to stage the 3D Championship in Regina prior to the Target and Field Championships.
- A. Wills reported that he is awaiting confirmation from USA Archery about the dates for its National Championship. We are hoping to avoid conflict of Canadian and USA Championships so Canadian high performance athletes can compete at both Championships.
ii) 2012 Indoor/Outdoor National Championships
- The 2012 Championships will be hosted by BCAA. K. Cameron had nothing to report at this time.
- Good and Welfare
- Alfie O’Quinn, President of AANS stated that if there are any concerns regarding the Championships, to please let him or Don Lohnes (Chair of the Organizing Committee) know.
- P. Garrett of OAA expressed thanks to Trina Snooks for her work on the Mail Match Program over the past few years.
MOTION #AGM2010-07: That the 2010 FCA Annual General Meeting be adjourned.
Moved by: M. Kupchanko - SAA Seconded by: V. Schleppe - ABAA Carried
The 2010 AGM was adjourned at 5:45pm/17:45hrs, Sunday, July 25, 2010
Sunday, July 25, 2010 @ 4:30pm / 16:30 hrs